The Scheduler is responsible for managing every aspect of a project schedule in an industrial and/or heavy civil environment, from conception to completion. The Scheduler is responsible for the integration of 3rd party contractor schedules into the master project schedule and will evaluate opportunities to increase productivity and efficiency against the baseline.
- Create and maintain construction schedules that are critical for project cost control and execution
- Coordinate with Project Managers and team to logically sequence all scope of work to be performed
- Evaluate actual progress and provide regular schedule updates
- Provide schedule mitigation plans/strategies when schedule deviates from the baseline plan
- Interface with the client and project team to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems
- Provide information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule
- Other Scheduling related activities as required
- Work-location will vary with each project with accommodations, travel and expenses paid while on-site
- 8+ years experience in planning/scheduling roles
- Advanced Primavera P6 scheduling abilities
- Unwavering commitment to health, safety and environmental protection
- Willing and able to travel to work-sites throughout Atlantic Canada on an as-needed basis with a focus on the Moncton and Halifax areas
- Fluent in English. Fluency in French is a definite asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an above-average level of computer literacy
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to accuracy, detail, and deadline
Please note that you will be required to work in an industrial environment. This may include working at heights, dirty/dusty and noisy environments, and confined spaces. All personal protective equipment and site-specific training will be provided. A negative pre-employment drug & alcohol test, along with an acceptable driving record are important parts of our safety program and are requirements for employment.
North Star Associates is strongly committed to employment equity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship. We thank all candidates for their interest and wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.