Reporting to the Construction Superintendent, you are responsible for field-level coordination of multidisciplinary construction activities. Working directly with contractors, you will have a detailed understanding of the scope and proactively solve problems in the field to ensure the safe and efficient completion of industrial maintenance and construction projects. It is not the responsibility of the construction coordinator to manage the work force, make decisions on how the work is to be executed or direct the contractor in the execution of the work, except in the instance of a safety concern
This is a continuous intake role - we have an ongoing need for experienced construction coordinators.
- Act as point of contact for contractors’ field supervisor(s) and as a liaison between the field and the construction management team
- Proactively identify risks, challenges and hazards in upcoming work through close integration with the construction management team and contractor
- Validate that work is being completed in accordance with IWP plans and within allotted schedule through regular in-field progress monitoring
- Monitor contractor safety and environmental performance to identify, mitigate and document any hazardous conditions
- Ensure completion and accuracy of all required permits and documentation prior to start of work (JHS, work permits, CRM’s, Cognibox TASKS, etc.).
- Create and maintain ASETs for contractor personnel within Cognibox
- Contribute to the review of construction plans, schedules and estimates as requested by Construction Superintendent
- Attend daily coordination meetings with Construction Management Team
- Complete detailed daily shift reports and progress reports
- Other related duties as assigned by the Construction Superintendent
- Unwavering commitment to health, safety and environmental protection
- 5+ years of demonstrated excellence in progressive roles in the industrial construction industry
- Journeyperson or professional designation preferred but can be supplemented by significant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to interpret work packages, contracts and technical documents in one or more disciplines
- Fluent in English. Fluency in French is a definite asset
- WorkplaceNL Fall Arrest and Confined Space certifications are an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an above-average level of computer literacy
Please note that you will be required to work in an industrial environment. This may include working at heights, dirty/dusty and noisy environments, and confined spaces. All personal protective equipment and site-specific training will be provided.
North Star Associates is strongly committed to employment equity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship. We thank all candidates for their interest and wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted