- Operation of a steam plant that includes large electric (20MW) boilers and Bunker C oil fired boilers and associated equipment
- Ensure the safe and efficient operations of the boilers and associated equipment through regular operational activities, maintenance, and inspections
- Complete all required log entries, records, and reports accurately and on-time
- Provide troubleshooting expertise
- Other related duties as required
- 4-6 month term with the option for the contract to be extended or for the contract to be converted to a permanent position with the client
- 2 week on / 2 week off schedule and can be fly in / fly out (FIFO) with flights provided
- Located in Labrador West
- Expected start date: 2020-10-13
- Second-Class Power Engineering certificate
- Experience in the mining sector or similar industrial environment would be an asset
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Unwavering commitment to health, safety and environmental protection
Please note that you will be required to work in an industrial environment. This may include working at heights, dirty/dusty and noisy environments, and confined spaces. All personal protective equipment and site-specific training will be provided. A negative pre-employment drug & alcohol test, along with an acceptable driving record are important parts of our safety program and are requirements for employment.
North Star Associates is strongly committed to employment equity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship. We thank all candidates for their interest and wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.